On September 17, 1787, the 55 delegates to the Constitutional Convention held their final meeting ~ to sign the U.S. Constitution. A federal law directs public schools and universities to hold programs to commemorate that day. The University of Nevada, Reno is proud to offer events each year that allow students, faculty, campus administrators and the community to discuss the Constitution, its meaning and the freedoms it ensures.
Tuesday, Sept. 19, 2017 | 10 a.m.-noon
On the steps outside of the
Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center (MIKC) FREE
Come one and all! Join students, staff and faculty in a rousing public reading of the Constitution! *
* Free Constitution booklets will be handed out while supplies last.
Sponsored by the University of Nevada, Reno
• Office of the President
• Office of the Provost
• Grant Sawyer Center for Justice Studies
• National Judicial College
• Reynolds School of Journalism
• Matthewson-IGT Knowledge Center
• Extended Studies
• The Center: Every Student. Every Story.
• Intercultural Council
• The National Archives and the U.S. Constitution GO ▶